Mash Direct (https://www.mashdirect.com/) has created a range of delicious brand new recipes for consumers to create their very own “Fakeaway” at home.
Mash Direct Weekend Brunch
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Cooking time: 25 minutes.
Oven temperature: 180oC (Fan 160oC) Gas mark 4
1 packet Mash Direct Potato Rosti
6 rashers streaky bacon
100g cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon light olive oil
2 large free range eggs
2 tablespoons shop bought tomato chutney
1 avocado, peeled, cut in half, stone removed. Season and mash.
1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Freshly milled sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven and cook the potato rosti as per packet instructions.
- Heat a large non stick frying pan over moderate – high heat and dry fry the bacon until crisp. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the tomatoes and balsamic vinegar to the pan and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until the balsamic reduces to a sticky glaze. Season.
- Clean the pan and return to the heat with oil and gently fry the eggs.
- Arrange potato Rosti onto warm plates, top with chutney, avocado, tomatoes and crisp pancetta. Arrange fried eggs on top, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Mash Direct ‘Nandos Style’ Chicken Burger
Preparation time: 10 minutes. Marinating time: 30 minutes. Cooking time: 25 minutes
Oven temperature 200oC (Fan 180oC) Gas mark 6
1 packet Mash Direct Beer Battered onion rings
For the chicken burgers
2 chicken breast fillets, trimmed and cut in half horizontally
2 tablespoons Nando’s Hot peri peri marinade
2 brioche burger rolls, cut in half and lightly toasted
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
A large handful of salad leaves
1 large tomato, cut into 6 slices
2 tablespoons Mash Direct Homestyle Coleslaw
- Place the chicken into a shallow dish, brush with marinade, cover with clingfilm, refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven and cook the onion rings as per packet instructions.
- Place the chicken into a hot oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Arrange toasted brioche buns onto warm plates, top with mayo, salad leaves, tomato slices, chicken and coleslaw. Serve with onion rings.