AWARD-WINNING MARVEL COMICSLEGEND
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
TO MAKE DEBUT UK SHOW APPEARANCE AT
LONDON SUPER COMIC CON 2017
TERRY DODSON, BART SEARS AND TYLER KIRKHAM ALSO CONFIRMED
FRI 25 – SUN 27 AUGUST AT THE BUSINESS DESIGN CENTRE IN
- Multi award-winning Brian Michael Bendis created the Marvel character Jessica Jones, which became a Netflix hit series
- Bendisis the man behind the Avengers resurgence and the Ultimate Universe, including Ultimate Spider-Man
- Bart Sears is a leading artist and designed the action figures for the original WWF
- Leading artist Terry Dodson is best known for his work on Uncanny X-Men, Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman
- DC Comics’ Tyler Kirkham is lead artist on Action Comics, the main Superman title and Green Lantern: New Guardians
- London Super Comic Con is the UK’s premier comic dedicated event and attracts a huge showcase of cosplay
- Tickets on sale now!
Brian Michael Bendis (creator of Jessica Jones) is one of the comic world’s biggest names, is confirmed for this year’s London Super Comic Con. Along side Brian Bendis, other big names of the Comic World Industry will also include Terry Dodson, Tyler Kirkham and Bart Sears.
Bart Sears’ work has been featured in comics for every major publisher. In addition, Sears designed the popular action figures for WWF in the eighties. Leading artist Terry Dodson has an extensive catalogue of work and is best known for Harley Quinn, Trouble, Wonder Woman and Uncanny X-Men. Tyler Kirkham, currently known for his work with DC Comics on Action Comics andGreen Lantern: New Guardians, is also confirmed for 2017.
Gary Morris, organiser of London Super Comic Con, said: “We’re so excited to add these names to our London Super Comic Con lineup. Brian Michael Bendis is a longtime hero of ours and names don’t get much bigger than his! We can’t wait for this year’s event and to see people’s enjoyment when they attend. Roll on August.”
London Super Comic Con, now in its sixth year, is the ultimate event for comic fans. The biggest names in comics including the legendary Stan Lee, John Romita Jr, Neal Adams, Brian Bolland and Dave Gibbons have all graced LSCC to unite across one special weekend and give exclusiveguest panels, talks and signings. It’s a rare chance for fans to meet some of the real heroes in comics!
Cosplay is a huge part of LSCC and the event attracts an incredible showcase each year. Cosplayers from around the world descend on London to show off their incredible costumes, many of which are intricately designed and produced or customised at home. An impressive range of costumes from all aspects of the comic world can be seen over the weekend.
The Business Design Centre in Islington will host this year’s event and the venue benefits from a dedicated artist alley and panel rooms including a purpose build auditorium. It has excellent transport links and local amenities including shops and a wide array of restaurants and bars.
The event takes place at the Business Design Centre in Islington, London across three days from Fri 25 – Sun 27 August. Tickets are on sale now and available at londonsupercomiccon.com.