Onin.London was recently sent an indulgent four course Italian Meal from Delita. Unfortunately I was unable to open it but one of my writers was able to get her brother to open them. My loss was her gain as she sent me pictures of delicious foods and described the tastes and flavours of each.
What is Delita though? Well Delita was born from the idea that the UK was missing out on deliciously authentic and accessible Italian cuisine, with the desire to invite food lovers to rediscover traditional flavours, introduce them to hidden, regional gems and seasonal specialities. The concept came into sharp focus during lockdown, with dining out at restaurants on-hold and limited options for takeaways. Home-dining became more important than ever as people increasingly turned to cookbooks, chef kits and recipes to satisfy their hunger for indulgent dishes.
Delita offered the perfect solution, with its indulgent four course Italian menu of deliciously authentic dishes, crafted by renowned chefs and delivered directly to your door, all at the click of a button. Simply heat the order in the complimentary glass jars, stylishly plate with a little help from a step-by-step guide, add a finishing touch and savour.
From Antipasti, Primi, Secondi to Contorni, Delita offers a traditional Italian culinary experience, elevated by modern cooking techniques. With Italian art de vivre at its heart, fresh, quality ingredients are prepared daily to create a flavoursome menu, featuring well-loved Italian classics and hidden local specialities.
The dishes we were sent were:
- Parmigiana di melanzane e zucchine / Aubergines and courgettes parmigiana style
- Guancia di manzo in lenta cottura al vino rosso con purea di sedano rapa / Slow cooked beef cheek in red wine with celeriac puree
- Purea di sedano rapa / Celeriac puree
- Anolini al formaggio con salsa di melanzane / Cheese anolini with aubergines sauce
- Tortino di riso alla parmigiana con crema di carciofi / Parmesan rice pie with artichoke cream and a crust top
- Seppie in guazzetto di spinaci e pomodoro / Cuttlefish in a spinach and tomato stew
- Tortino di riso alla parmigiana / Parmesan rice pie
The Slow Cooked Beef Cheek In Red Wine Sauce was my writer’s favourite dish, though she found this difficult to choose as she enjoyed every dish apart from the Cheese Anolini. She said in comparison to rest of the dishes, this one was just lacking and had no flavour.
Delita delivers an authentic and flavourful taste of Italy, directly to your door. With dishes starting at £6.90 per serving, it’s a great way to experience high quality Italian food at home. To order visit the website below.