“Winter is great for its crisp mornings, cosy nights in and it’s warming comfort food. Create a magical winter, charmed with healthy warming rituals that also support your immune system from the inside out. Be the inspiration to keep you and your loved ones feeling their best and get ready for winter, inside and out!
How to Create a Charmed Winter
- Create a “winter ambiance” – Add sparkly low lights and add a warming yet calming scent to your home. We love simmering a pot of water with some oranges and cinnamon on the stove in the evening after dinner.
- Get outdoors – We need fresh air, to be able to look out into the distance and move our bodies. Start slow with 15 – 20 minute walk and add a few stretches to reconnect to your body. Bonus points if you see trees, plants or animals!
- Get enough sleep – Give yourself the time for your body to recuperate from the stress of the day. Start 45 minutes before bedtime by putting away devices, turning the lights low… try candles and relaxing music to start slowing down.
- Eat well and supplement – warming food warms the soul J Explore warm salads, soups and stews. Ginger and cinnamon tastes amazing and suits the season. Complement your diet with supplements to cover any gaps in nutrition you may have.
- Social distance vs. physical distance – we know we need to physically be distant. Take moments in your day to have meaningful connections with friends, loved ones and work colleagues. Go old school and write a letter or postcard.