The native oyster season has officially arrived! To celebrate in style, Geronimo Inns have teamed up with the Colchester Oyster Co. and renowned champagne house, Perrier-Jouët, to create a stylish oyster and champagne pairing at your local.
Running from now until 2nd October, the menu sees Colchester Oyster Co. oysters served natural (over ice with red wine and shallot vinegar) or ‘Kilpatrick’ style (grilled with Worcester sauce and smoked bacon). Sourced from the seabed rather than being grown in nets at sea-level, feeding from the rich fertile waters in the Pyefleet Creek, these free-range oysters are some of the best in the world with a significantly distinctive flavour.
Oyster lovers can delight in one of three sensational pairings, each served with a different Perrier-Jouët champagne and starting from £58.50. Choose from six oysters with a bottle of Grand Brut with its attractive bouquet and youthful, delicate, creamy hints. A dozen oysters comes with a bottle of Blason Rosé, a stunning champagne with a powerful bouquet of ripe red fruit; or share 18 oysters with the elegant, silky and sophisticated taste of Perrier-Jouët Belle Epoque.
Participating Geronimo Inns venues include:
- The Builders Arms, Chelsea www.thebuildersarmschelsea.co.uk
- The Chelsea Ram, Chelsea www.thechelsearam.co.uk
- The Clarence, Whitehall www.theclarencewhitehall.com
- The Duke of Clarence, South Kensington www.thedukeofclarencesw5.co.uk
- The Fentiman Arms, Oval www.thefentimanarms.co.uk
- The Phoenix, Chelsea www.thephoenixchelsea.co.uk
- The Phoenix, Victoria www.thephoenixinvictoria.co.uk
- The Prince Albert, Battersea www.theprincealbertbattersea.co.uk
- The Red Barn, Blindley Heath www.theredbarnblindleyheath.co.uk
Head to your local Geronimo pub this month for a sea-sational start to Oyster season!