Sweet Potato and Plantain Mash
A great tasty alternative to traditional mash potato given to me by the lovely Claire Burton MP Pro.
Each serving contains
100g White Flesh Sweet Potato
1. Bring a medium pain of hot salted water to the boil.
2. Peel and chop the Sweet Potato into small pieces, dropped into the boiling water
3. Wash the skin of the Plantain and chop the ends. Leaving the skin on slice the Plantain into inch thick slices. Once sliced drop the Plantain pieces into the boiling water
4. Boil on a medium heat until both the plantain and sweet potato are soft
5. Remove pan from the heat and drain off the water using a colander
6. Remove the skin from the plantain (be careful as it is hot) and place both the potato and skinless plantain back in pan
7. Mash until it is your desired consistency and serve immediately.
Recipes by FuzzyMonzStar. Look out for new recipes every week!
Follow her on twitter @fuzzymonzstar
and while your at it sign up for her blog at www.fuzzymonzstar.com