The StockMKT: Elefest
Hotel Elephant, 40-42 Newington Causeway SE1 6DR
Saturday 4th October
What’s more hipster than a bearded dude, drinking coffee, while cycling on a fixed gear bike?
A street food warehouse part in an old Elephant & Castle bus depot.
Not funny? Well that’s okay because the latter IS REALLY HAPPENING!
The award winning StockMKT team are bringing their roving market to south London where they will be headlining Elefest. Elefest is the annual celebration of music, theatre, film and art within Elephant and Castle.
London’s best street food, crafts, art interventions for families, chessboxing (that’s totally a thing), live music and DJs into the night. There will also be magnificent cocktails, wines you’ve probably never heard of and craft lager (taking care of the hipsters).
Music will be courtesy of Brazillian funk-ska band The Fontanas. There will be some environmentally friendly film screening from Electric Pedals, who will be projecting movies by Vivienne Westwood’s eco-collaborators Frack Off. PLUS there will be some cheeky chessboxing from The London Chessboxing Club!
Not only adult orientated, between 4pm – 7pm there will be craft workshops for the kids!
Then there’s is the corking street food line-up and nothing less would be expected from the StockMKT team! Nosheries include:
– Souvlaki St. – London’s best Greek kebabs, full stop.
– Makatcha – bringing her amazingly intense Malaysian flavours
– Bhangra Burger – the return of our very first night market headliner
– Colonel Tom – busting out his authentic Gumbo
– Prairie Fire – with their barbecue brisket
– Indians Next Door – who really did smash it at the last StockMKT Bermondsey night market
– Roasticini – bringing Italian street food, Abruzzan style
– Custom Creams – debuting their winter offer: waffles with nitrogen crèmes and ice creams
– Two Shuks – A cake eaters haven
What better way to spend your Saturday night right? It’s time to head south!