Whisky Wedge Review
Looking for a gift for the whisky lover in your life, then look no further than the Whisky Wedge. I was sent one to review a while back and unfortunately while I thought I had the perfect bottle of whisky for it, I didn’t. Thankfully I had a bottle of rum that I was able to be used as a substitute. Making do with this spirit, I followed the instructions of ‘Simply, insert the silicone slope into the classic glass, add little water and freeze for a couple of hours. Once frozen you’ll be left with a slanted piece of ice that looks classic, pour over your spirit or drink of choice and you’ll be ready to unwind’.
The slanted ice is supposed to slow down the melting process, though I didn’t find any difference from using normal ice cubes. Maybe I need to keep my spirits in the freezer to really test this theory out. The slanted ice also makes the drinking the spirt a little difficult but it sure looks fancy and at £14.99, it’s a pretty decent price. It can be purchased online from http://trade.root7.com/whiskey-wedge-corkcicle/ so check it out. Especially as Christmas is only 3 months away.
- Double old-fashioned whiskey glass
- Smooth silicone mould with fill line
- Melts much slower than regular ice so your whisky can retain its flavour
- Also works well with just about any other beverage
- Freezes in about 4 hours (or less, depending on your freezer)
- Kit includes the glass and mould
- Measures approximately 14cm(W) x 9cm(H) x 9cm(D)
- Retailing at £14.99