As favourite of ONIN.London’s, we’re pleased to announce that Quaglino’s is launching ‘Q Aperitivo’,. What is this? It’s a brand new menu featuring 7 expertly mixed cocktails accompanied by a selection of delicious bar snacks. The special menu was created by Quaglino’s passionate bar team alongside Executive Head Chef Piero Leone. It will also be accompanied by live music in the bar every week. Upon entering Quaglino’s the band was definitely the first thing we noticed. They were great and kept the mood upbeat but relaxed.
The aperitivo is an important tradition in Italy, a popular time of day when you meet friends after work for a light bite and cocktails before dinner. The menu was inspired by Quaglino’s Italian born founder Giovanni Quaglino using Italian liquors and spirits.
- Conte Cavour consists of London N1 gin blended with CinzanoBianco&Rosso, Cinzano Asti and vanilla, lemon balm and verbena.
- La Scala features favourite Campari stirred with Martini Rubino, Cynar and Amer Picon.
- La Gondola is a refreshing mix of Maraschino, lime, kiwi topped up with Prosecco. This was our favourite! So easy to drink and absolutely stunning take on the classic Bellini. Kiwi fruit has now just become my favourite fruit in a cocktail.
- La Superba is a rich blend of Marjoram infused Stolichnaya Elit Vodka, Antica Formula, homemade Superba sauce, tomato and Quaglino’s own Bloody Mary mix.
- Ponte Vecchio features Sultanas and rosemary infused Tanqueray 10 blended with the rich notes of Martini Ambrato, Campari, Barolo Chinato and Galliano Balsamico.
- Partenope includes the sweetness of Limoncello shaken with Strega Liqueur, fennel infused Ketel One Vodka, Campari and Peroni Ambra foam.
- Il Pupo completes the menu including Oregano infused Belvedere, Averna and homemade orange marmalade with spiced ginger ale.
While drinking delicious cocktails we were treated to even better Italian inspired bar food in the form of Spiced Calamari, Burrata surf ‘n’ turf, tomato arancini and smoked beef carpaccio. I could have continued eating all these dishes for days as they were full of flavour and just so moreish.
ONIN.London will always come back to Quaglino’s. It is the perfect place for after work drinks and intimate dinner or drinks with friends and family. So if you haven’t checked visited yet… get there now. Otherwise if you’ve been before, there’s never been a better reason than to make your way there!
For more information and bookings please visit the website:
16 Bury St
Written by Tegan LeBon
Twitter and Instagram: toogs1
Photos from Quaglinos