After selling out their first in in days, The Glenlivet has today released additional dates for its immersive tasting experience that’s set to change the future of Scotch whisky. Taking place exclusively at The Den, Soho, London from 23rd February guests will get the unique opportunity to try The Glenlivet’s collection of edible cocktail capsules.
We went back in January and the event was a super fun way to introduce whisky to both expert and beginner whisky drinkers. My guest was a big whisky drinker so he was definitely in his element, while I’ve only begun to learn to enjoy it over the last few years.
During the ‘Dramming in the Dark’ experience, curious drinkers will be fully immersed in an ultra-Instagrammable room filled with futuristic lights and mirrors. Guests will have some senses removed and others heightened to transform the sensorial tasting experience and make them question everything they know about whisky and cocktails.
Make sure you take your cameras, the room is certainly instagrammable and you’ll get some gorgeous pics during your experience.
The sensory experience marks the first time the limited edition capsule collection will be available for consumers to try. Their initial launch in 2019 caused shockwaves in the spirits industry and beyond when the capsules were trialled among bartenders.
What are the capsules? Well they are whisky cocktails encased in an edible seaweed casing. A very interesting and unique way to consume your alcoholic beverage.
The capsules come in five brand new flavours, exploring a wide range of The Glenlivet’s premium offering and changing every predetermined concept of what a cocktail should be:
- Ool La La – The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve, peach and oolong tea, vanilla syrup
- Scottish Coffee – The Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve, coffee, cane sugar
- Old Fashioned – The Glenlivet 12, Angostura Bitters, simple syrup, water
- Whisky Sour – The Glenlivet 12, lemon juice, simple syrup
- Mai Tai – The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve, lime juice, orgeat syrup, triple sec
Outside of the private capsule tastings, The Glenlivet experimental cocktail menu will also be available at The Den’s main bar and featureunique and bespoke signature twists on The Glenlivet Founders’ Reserve, Caribbean Reserve, 12yo and 18yo whiskies.
We had a really enjoyable evening not only during the whisky experience but trying the cocktails in The Den afterwards. I learnt a lot not only about whisky itself, but about the versatile nature of whisky. When I think of whisky cocktails I think of an old fashioned or a whisky sour… now I know this spirit can be used in loads more cocktails so will be experimenting more in the future.
To purchase tickets visit: https://feverup.com/m/108760
- Date: 23rd – 26th February
- Location: The Den, 100 Wardour Street, Soho, London, W1F 0TN
- When: Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 23rd Feb – 5th March.
- Wednesday 23rd Feb: 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm
- Thursday 24th Feb: 5pm, 6pm , 7pm, 8pm
- Friday 25th Jan: 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, 9pm
- Saturday 26th Jan: 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, 9pm
- Tickets: £15 includes a tasting of three The Glenlivet whiskies as well a full size cocktail after the session complimentary drinks
- Age requirement: 18+ with valid ID