Jerk & Beyond Festival This May Bank Holiday Weekend!
As the brand new Jerk & Beyond festival lands in Old Spitalfields Market next weekend (25-27th May, late May bank holiday weekend), ONIN.London can not wait to share with you the latest updates on all the incredible Caribbean food traders taking part and un-missable festival highlights. There will be Carnival style dancers, Soca music, Caribbean island rum tastings, a Hot Wing competition and a Kid’s Zone complete with face painters and games…the best thing is it’s FREE to attend.
Expect amazing Caribbean food from the following vendors.
* Only Jerkin’ – The masters of Jamaican soul food, putting a twist on dishes with traditional jerk flavours
* Doreen’s Jamaican Homemade Rum Cakes – Mouth watering rum-laced cakes made with finest, traditional Jamaican ingredients
* It’s A Wrap – Authentic Jamaican cuisine served in wrap-form
* Woodford & Warner – Sorrel drinks, cordials and home-made sorbets made using classic Trinidadian recipes, laced with cinnamon and cloves
* Limin’ – Serving Doubles (Trinidadian street food classic of curried chickpeas and spicy flatbread) chicken wings in scotch bonnet mango jam and plantain balls with garlic sauce
* Park Edge Bar – West Indian garlic calypso shrimp, saltfish dumplings with spring onion and garlic sauce, and wild garlic and smoked scotch bonnet mac and cheese
* Baygo – ‘Caribbean sunshine food’ ackee and callaloo fritters with bean and mango salsa, and plantain beignets with spiced rum caramel sauce
* Big Mike’s Calypso Kitchen – Saltfish fritters, mac and cheese bites and crispy fried chicken
New Festival Highlights:
* A 3 round Hot Wing competition on Monday 27th May – think you can handle the heat of Scotch Bonnet, Naga and Scorpion chillies?
* Latin American and Caribbean music and dance from Just Vibes everyday – including soca singers and dancers, classical Indian dancers and carnival costume showcases
* Caribbean island rum Masterclasses from Plantation rum brand ambassador Paul McFadyen
* A designated kids zone with face painting and games for all the family
Now the food and entertainment is out of the way, we’d be amiss not to mention the drinks!
The central Limin’ bar from Plantation rum has you covered and will be serving up a host of Rumgrias (a refreshing twist on the classic Sangria), Pineapple Daiquiri slushies (a delicious mix of pineapple rum, lime and sugar) and Limin’s (in)famous Rum Punches (with flavours of mango, lime and passionfruit). Visitors will also get to try rum Flights in Economy, Business and First Class for a taste of the diversity of Caribbean island rums.
Jerk & Beyond runs Saturday 25th, Sunday 26, & Monday 27th May from 12pm to 7pm. All food dishes and drinks will be £6 (aside from the rum tasting flights).
Address: 107B Commercial Street, London E1 6BGLondon
Old Spitalfields Market 16 Horner Square, Spitalfields, London E1 6EW
Plantation Rum: www.plantationrum.com
Just Vibez: https://www.instagram.com/justvibez